- A genus of echinoderms, including the common edible sea urchin of Europe.
- The rounded molding forming the bell of the capital of the Grecian Doric style, which is of a peculiar elastic curve. See Entablature.
- The quarter-round molding (ovolo) of the Roman Doric style. See Illust. of Column
- A name sometimes given to the egg and anchor or egg and dart molding, because that ornament is often identified with Roman Doric capital. The name probably alludes to the shape of the shell of the sea urchin.
- Sorry, we do not have a definition for this word