Here is the definition that we have for your word, along with the words within your word
Definitions for hitch
- To become entangled or caught; to be linked or yoked; to unite; to cling.
- To move interruptedly or with halts, jerks, or steps; -- said of something obstructed or impeded.
- To hit the legs together in going, as horses; to interfere.
- To hook; to catch or fasten as by a hook or a knot; to make fast, unite, or yoke; as, to hitch a horse, or a halter.
- To move with hitches; as, he hitched his chair nearer.
- A catch; anything that holds, as a hook; an impediment; an obstacle; an entanglement.
- The act of catching, as on a hook, etc.
- A stop or sudden halt; a stoppage; an impediment; a temporary obstruction; an obstacle; as, a hitch in one's progress or utterance; a hitch in the performance.
- A sudden movement or pull; a pull up; as, the sailor gave his trousers a hitch.
- A knot or noose in a rope which can be readily undone; -- intended for a temporary fastening; as, a half hitch; a clove hitch; a timber hitch, etc.
- A small dislocation of a bed or vein.
(imp. & p. p.)
- of Hitch
- Sorry, we do not have a definition for this word
(p. pr. & vb. n.)
- of Hitch
Words in your word
2 Letter Words
3 Letter Words
4 Letter Words
Other Word Finders
Scrabble Word Finder
Words With Friends Cheat
Can You Unscramble These Words?