- A brief writing of any kind, esp. a declaration, bill, certificate, request, supplication, etc.
- Any defamatory writing; a lampoon; a satire.
- A malicious publication expressed either in print or in writing, or by pictures, effigies, or other signs, tending to expose another to public hatred, contempt, or ridicule. Such publication is indictable at common law.
- The crime of issuing a malicious defamatory publication.
- A written declaration or statement by the plaintiff of his cause of action, and of the relief he seeks.
- To defame, or expose to public hatred, contempt, or ridicule, by a writing, picture, sign, etc.; to lampoon.
- To proceed against by filing a libel, particularly against a ship or goods.
- To spread defamation, written or printed; -- with against.
- One who libels; one who institutes a suit in an ecclesiastical or admiralty court.
- Sorry, we do not have a definition for this word