Here is the definition that we have for your word, along with the words within your word
Definitions for nip
- A sip or small draught; esp., a draught of intoxicating liquor; a dram.
- To catch and inclose or compress tightly between two surfaces, or points which are brought together or closed; to pinch; to close in upon.
- To remove by pinching, biting, or cutting with two meeting edges of anything; to clip.
- Hence: To blast, as by frost; to check the growth or vigor of; to destroy.
- To vex or pain, as by nipping; hence, to taunt.
- A seizing or closing in upon; a pinching; as, in the northern seas, the nip of masses of ice.
- A pinch with the nails or teeth.
- A small cut, or a cutting off the end.
- A blast; a killing of the ends of plants by frost.
- A biting sarcasm; a taunt.
- A short turn in a rope.
(imp. & p. p.)
- of Nip
- Biting; pinching; painful; destructive; as, a nipping frost; a nipping wind.
(p. pr. & vb. n.)
- of Nip
- In a nipping manner.
- Sorry, we do not have a definition for this word
Words in your word
2 Letter Words
3 Letter Words
Daily Jumble Answers
Unscramble These Jumbled Words