- To set in order; to arrange according to rule; to regulate; to set; to establish.
- To regulate, or establish, by appointment, decree, or law; to constitute; to decree; to appoint; to institute.
- To set apart for an office; to appoint.
- To invest with ministerial or sacerdotal functions; to introduce into the office of the Christian ministry, by the laying on of hands, or other forms; to set apart by the ceremony of ordination.
- Capable of being ordained; worthy to be ordained or appointed.