- To lose the valuable qualities; to be corrupted; to decay; as, fruit will soon spoil in warm weather.
- That which is taken from another by violence; especially, the plunder taken from an enemy; pillage; booty.
- Public offices and their emoluments regarded as the peculiar property of a successful party or faction, to be bestowed for its own advantage; -- commonly in the plural; as to the victor belong the spoils.
- That which is gained by strength or effort.
- The act or practice of plundering; robbery; aste.