Here is the definition that we have for your word, along with the words within your word
Definitions for wage
- To pledge; to hazard on the event of a contest; to stake; to bet, to lay; to wager; as, to wage a dollar.
- To expose one's self to, as a risk; to incur, as a danger; to venture; to hazard.
- To engage in, as a contest, as if by previous gage or pledge; to carry on, as a war.
- To adventure, or lay out, for hire or reward; to hire out.
- To put upon wages; to hire; to employ; to pay wages to.
- To give security for the performance of.
- To bind one's self; to engage.
- That which is staked or ventured; that for which one incurs risk or danger; prize; gage.
- That for which one labors; meed; reward; stipulated payment for service performed; hire; pay; compensation; -- at present generally used in the plural. See Wages.
(imp. & p. p.)
- of Wage
- A compensation given to a hired person for services; price paid for labor; recompense; hire. See Wage, n., 2.
(p. pr. & vb. n.)
- of Wage
Words in your word
2 Letter Words
3 Letter Words
4 Letter Words
Daily Jumble Answers
Unscramble These Jumbled Words