- Fitted for general acceptance or circulation; authentic; passable.
- A flowing or passing; onward motion. Hence: A body of fluid moving continuously in a certain direction; a stream; esp., the swiftest part of it; as, a current of water or of air; that which resembles a stream in motion; as, a current of electricity.
- General course; ordinary procedure; progressive and connected movement; as, the current of time, of events, of opinion, etc.
- In a current manner; generally; commonly; as, it is currently believed.
- The quality of being current; currency; circulation; general reception.