- A gold coin of the reign of James I., of the value of twenty shillings.
- Any determinate amount or quantity (as of length, time, heat, value) adopted as a standard of measurement for other amounts or quantities of the same kind.
- A single thing, as a magnitude or number, regarded as an undivided whole.
- Capable of union by growth or otherwise.
- Sorry, we do not have a definition for this word
- To put together so as to make one; to join, as two or more constituents, to form a whole; to combine; to connect; to join; to cause to adhere; as, to unite bricks by mortar; to unite iron bars by welding; to unite two armies.
- Hence, to join by a legal or moral bond, as families by marriage, nations by treaty, men by opinions; to join in interest, affection, fellowship, or the like; to cause to agree; to harmonize; to associate; to attach.
- To become one; to be cemented or consolidated; to combine, as by adhesion or mixture; to coalesce; to grow together.
- To join in an act; to concur; to act in concert; as, all parties united in signing the petition.